1.17.0, NetX routers can be configured for NetFlow v5, v9 or IPFIX flow data export. The
following list highlights some features supported by the NetFlow export.
- Full IPv6 support: Using NetFlow v9 or IPFIX, it's possible to export information about IPv6 traffic.
- NAT translations events: If NAT is configured on NetX router, information about creation/deletion of the NAT translation can be exported using NetFlow Event Logging (NEL) extension.
- SNMP agent for remote management and monitoring
- High performance and scalability: It's possible to handle 10Gbit traffic together with all other enabled NetX features, such as shaping, firewall, etc.
The following options can be configured:
- active-timeout: Flows active timeout in seconds. NetX router will export active flows from the cache to the
collector after reaching
active-timeout. Default value 30 seconds.
- collector: NetFlow collector IP address and port. If only IP address is given, default UDP port 2055 will be used.
- inactive-timeout: Inactive timeout in seconds. If a flow does not see any packet within this timeout, the flow will be exported to the collector. Default value 15 seconds.
- natevents: Collect and send NAT translation events as NetFlow Event Logging (NEL) extension for NetFlow v9/IPFIX. Default value is disabled.
- protocol: NetFlow protocol version. Supported versions are 5, 9 and 10 (10 means IPFIX). For IPv6 accounting it's necessary to use NetFlow version 9 or IPFIX. Default value is NetFlow v9.
- template-refresh: Templates refresh interval (packets). Default value 20. Only for v9 and IPFIX.
- template-timeout: Templates resend interval (mins). Default value 1 min. Only for v9 and IPFIX.
NetFlow export can be configured by switching to the
netflow context using
netx# netflow netx(netflow)
To enable NetFlow export, the following two steps are necessary.
- Set a collector IP address. E.g.:
netx# netflow netx(netflow)# collector 192.0.2.1
- Add a firewall rule to enable NetFlow accounting. In the following example, all traffic going through NetX router (FORWARD chain) is accounted.
netx(netflow)# exit ! change to the ipv4 firewall context netx# ipv4 firewall table filter chain FORWARD netx(fw4-filter-FORWARD)# action NETFLOW
License key: NetX allows by default 100 000 active flows in the flow-cache. License key is required for higher number of flows.
It's possible to use
show netflow command to display information about NetFlow export.
Status: enabled Protocol version: 9 NetFlow collector: 192.0.2.1:2055 License key: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX Active timeout: 30 Inactive timeout: 15 Export NAT events: disabled Max. flows 2000000 Template timeout rate: Every 1 min Template refresh rate: Every 20 packets